(Australian Associated Press)
KEY POINTS FOR THE AGED CARE ROYAL COMMISSION
* To be based in Adelaide, but hearings will take place across the country.
* Former Federal Court judge Richard Tracey and former Medicare chief Lynelle Briggs have been selected as commissioners.
* An interim report is due by October 31, 2019, with the final report by April 30, 2020.
* The commission’s terms of reference require it to examine the quality of care and safety across the sector.
* It will also consider how to best deliver care services to people with disabilities and how to best deliver care to the increasing number of Australians living with dementia.
* The commissioners will examine how to allow people greater choice, control and independence and how to improve engagement with families and carers.